Signature-Forums.com
Dear User,

Welcome to Signature-forums!

You do not appear to be registered. Registration is fast and free. If you are already a member please sign in, to access all features of the forum.

We encourage you to register on our forums and participate in the community.
By joining us today you can have:

- Access to post new messages
- Your own personalised profile and wall!
- The abilty to use private messages and much much more!
Signature-Forums.com
Dear User,

Welcome to Signature-forums!

You do not appear to be registered. Registration is fast and free. If you are already a member please sign in, to access all features of the forum.

We encourage you to register on our forums and participate in the community.
By joining us today you can have:

- Access to post new messages
- Your own personalised profile and wall!
- The abilty to use private messages and much much more!
Signature-Forums.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SL Team Attacked in Lahore!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Donny
Administrator
Donny

SL Team Attacked in Lahore! Vide
PostSubject: SL Team Attacked in Lahore!   SL Team Attacked in Lahore! EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 2:51 am

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan (CNN) -- At least seven security people were killed and at least eight members of the Sri Lankan cricket team were wounded Tuesday in a well-coordinated attack in Lahore, Pakistan, officials said.

The team bus was attacked as it approached Gaddafi Stadium for a match against Pakistan, officials said. The injured were thought to include six players, two coaches or trainers, and an unknown number of security people. Police thought at least 12 people opened fire on the team bus. One of the injured players, Tharanga Paranavitana, suffered a superficial injury, according to Khusro Pervez Khan, commissioner of Lahore. A second player, Thilan Samaraweera, sustained a hip wound.

"I am saying vociferously that the Sri Lankan team is completely safe," Khan said. "Four others were hurt by glass shrapnels.""This is a very well-planned attack," said security official Nadeem Sayed, adding that some of the players were in serious condition. "The team is very much scared."

"I heard two loud explosions outside the stadium and a lot of AK-47 fire," said Hamish Roberts, a camera operator who was inside the stadium when the attack occurred. "It was pandemonium for a while."

Sports producer Gavin Scovell said security teams responded quickly. "The guards were brilliant. They weren't panicking. They were very calm," Scovell said. "It must have been a terrifying experience, but they handled it well."

Pictures (BBC):

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/45528000/jpg/_45528080_466-afp-windscreen.jpg

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/45528000/jpg/_45528081_466-afp-policevan.jpg

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/45528000/jpg/_45528083_466-afp-rocket.jpg

ttp://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/45528000/jpg/_45528103_466-afp-tv-grab.jpg

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/45528000/jpg/_45528082_466-afp-inside.jpg

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/45528000/jpg/_45528084_466-afp-scene.jpg

Additional news (Updated):

• Jayawerdene was shot in leg and another player was reported to have been shot in chest.
  • The Sri Lankan team was airlifted from the Gaddafi Stadium to the Lahore airport.
  • 'I do not regret playing in Pakistan.' - Sangakara.
  • The test series going on between Pakistan and Sri Lanka has been called-off.
  • Sri Lankan team was reported to be heading for Columbo in afternoon (PST).
  • ICC announces that no matches of World Cup 2011 to be played in Pakistan, until some serious security changes are made.
  • Sri Lankan team is reported to be leaving for Columbo tonight at 9.00 pm PST.

News Courtesy - BBC, CNN & Local news channels.

Last edited by Donny on Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:53 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Amrit
Thanedaar
Amrit

PostSubject: Re: SL Team Attacked in Lahore!   SL Team Attacked in Lahore! EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 3:30 am

this is just terrible..even sports r not spared now.
i dont know wat to say..the only thought thats coming to my mind right now is that i love watching indo-pak cricket matches, but in these circumstances, how are those games ever gonna take place?..and if they happen, then where and at wat cost?

i just hope everything gets back to normal soon and i wish a quick recovery to the SL players

its high time now..the situation in Asia shuld now b seriously dealt with..i mean these attacks r taking place everywhere..they r in pak, last time they were in india, situation in bangladesh is out of control.. SL govt is finding it tough to overpower LTTE..its just too much
Back to top Go down
-AreenA-
Thanedaar
-AreenA-

PostSubject: Re: SL Team Attacked in Lahore!   SL Team Attacked in Lahore! EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 4:55 am

omg...
yhh.....da momnt i came frm skool....i was flooded wid da news....
i mean i really feel lyk hittingg my head on da wall......!!!! :temper: ive gone mad!!!!
i feel ashamed callingg myself a pakistani........!!!! Evil or Very Mad
i mean...i really felt lyk cryingg!! Sad(((
i LOVE cricket lyk hell!!.....nd pakis were so thnkful fr sri lanka cmingg hre....nd da bloody terrorists did dis ****!!!

i am depressed!!
anywayz..
thnx donny
**cheers**
Back to top Go down
Prii_Loves_Mohit
Crazy Painter
Prii_Loves_Mohit

PostSubject: Re: SL Team Attacked in Lahore!   SL Team Attacked in Lahore! EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 7:36 am

aww omg thats soo sad..
thanks for update Donny
Back to top Go down
xxreeBzxx
Doodler
xxreeBzxx

PostSubject: Re: SL Team Attacked in Lahore!   SL Team Attacked in Lahore! EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 1:36 am

yh! i know i am really sad!! :sad:
wat is deir prob??
dey aren't sparing even crcket i'm a die heart fan of cricket nd if dis goes on so wat will v frnds do?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
nitya
Crazy Painter
nitya

PostSubject: Re: SL Team Attacked in Lahore!   SL Team Attacked in Lahore! EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 7:19 am

tht very bad news
i dont understand what they will get if they attack the innocent pls.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SL Team Attacked in Lahore!   SL Team Attacked in Lahore! Empty

Back to top Go down

SL Team Attacked in Lahore!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

NOTE

All posts must be in accordance with the S-F CoC.

We strongly discourage spamming and one word posts.

Always make an effort to encourage discussion.

Please be mindful of the language and content you choose to post.

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Signature-Forums.com :: General Discussions ::   :: The Lounge -
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com