Signature-Forums.com
Dear User,

Welcome to Signature-forums!

You do not appear to be registered. Registration is fast and free. If you are already a member please sign in, to access all features of the forum.

We encourage you to register on our forums and participate in the community.
By joining us today you can have:

- Access to post new messages
- Your own personalised profile and wall!
- The abilty to use private messages and much much more!
Signature-Forums.com
Dear User,

Welcome to Signature-forums!

You do not appear to be registered. Registration is fast and free. If you are already a member please sign in, to access all features of the forum.

We encourage you to register on our forums and participate in the community.
By joining us today you can have:

- Access to post new messages
- Your own personalised profile and wall!
- The abilty to use private messages and much much more!
Signature-Forums.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Perceptions...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Henna
Administrator
Henna

Perceptions... Vide
PostSubject: Perceptions...   Perceptions... EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 11:52 am

Everyone perceives themselves in their own way. Some are bold, others are shy.. some are creative.. others are constructive.

I guess what I wanna know is...Do you see yourself as something different to how everyone else sees you?

What's more important to you? how someone else perceives you.. or how u perceive yourself.

I'm not looking for the theoretical answer... just an honest one.

Is the person you see staring back at you in the mirror different to what we all see of you here at the forum?

Don't be shy to be open... no ones judging... 😄
Back to top Go down
Donny
Administrator
Donny

Perceptions... Vide
PostSubject: Re: Perceptions...   Perceptions... EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 11:54 am

bee are bee
Back to top Go down
*Resham*
Crazy Painter
*Resham*

Perceptions... Vide
PostSubject: Re: Perceptions...   Perceptions... EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 11:14 pm

Thnks fr opening this up henna...

I guess perceptions matter a lott fr an individual..atleast fr me...

I guess more than wht I perceive of myself...I get scared to knw hw ppl perceive me...

Whether they dont get any wrong impressions which I might nt carry with me too....

For me...both are imp...bt ppl's views get scary fr me....though I wd like to believe tht m quite a good personality within!!
Back to top Go down
-AreenA-
Thanedaar
-AreenA-

Perceptions... Vide
PostSubject: Re: Perceptions...   Perceptions... EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 5:04 am

nyc 1 jaan!
well.....i feel i am defo that kinda person who percieves herself differently frm others
nd yhh.....i think i relli am a different person in regard 2 wat ppl think...bt im more interestd and more worried about how other ppl feel bout me nd nt wat i do myslf!
sum ppl rnt as black as painted....nd dey r jst happy 2 b dat way....y gt paintd black den????
huh
i kno quite ajeeb sa nd philosophical....bt thtz da truth!!
i agree perceptions do matter nd atleast fr me...dey surely do!!
Back to top Go down
Rah
Thanedaar
Rah

Perceptions... Vide
PostSubject: Re: Perceptions...   Perceptions... EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 6:01 am

Great topic JB :applause:

Perceptions...well most people when they see me perceive me as very arrogant..that's the first impression I give out...and the truth is the complete opposite, I'm extremely reserved and never talk to people unless I know them well...and if I do start talking, don't even do it much coz of the same reason...

Previously I used to care a whole lot about what people thought of me, but something happened to change my outlook on life and since then, I just care about what I and my family think.....

What I am with friends is the real me, no put-ons about it at all!!!
Back to top Go down
Henna
Administrator
Henna

Perceptions... Vide
PostSubject: Re: Perceptions...   Perceptions... EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 11:04 am

wow.. this has sparked some descriptive thought...will reply personally to some of the points you people have mentioned after answering the questions myself..

I'm not sure how everyone else perceives me coz I'm sort of a mood and time dependant person. If u catch me at the right time I'll the friendliest person on the planet. Catch me at the wrong time and I doubt we'll talk again. lol... so I can't really say if the perception of myself is different from that of yours.

Do I care what other people say? Surprisingly, YES I do!

Do I want to care about what people are saying? NO! I don't but I just can't help it. Sometimes I let it affect me a lot but in the end I make myself understand the problem doesn't lie with me but with the opinionated person. It's actually quite hard to convince youself fully though sometimes.

My theory for caring about what others say and think is that... When someone says something to you.. that you don't think about yourself you get caught up more in the dilemma about 'WHY' they said that about you when u don't believe it's true...

n the only answer to why they said it is... yeh duniya kameeni hai... can't see anyone being happy... Rolling Eyes

Anyways nothing can be done coz you don't have full control over your emotions - wish we did.

I guess, the way I appear on the forum is the way I am in reality too. 😉 I speak my mind...
Back to top Go down
Amrit
Thanedaar
Amrit

Perceptions... Vide
PostSubject: Re: Perceptions...   Perceptions... EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 6:41 am

Do you see yourself as something different to how everyone else sees you?
perhaps yes..many ppl think that i'm a very serious person who doesnt like to get along well with others but the thing is that i just tend to take my own time..i cant b open to everybody, there r really very few ppl with whom i share my feelings..n also, meri shakal dekh k koi nahi keh sakta k mujhe kitna gussa aata hoga, but when i get angry, oh ho ho, even i dont like myself..so i always receive comments like 'haww..amrit,itna gussa acha nahi hai' Perceptions... 32899

What's more important to you? how someone else perceives you.. or how u perceive yourself.

how some1 else perceives me hardly affects me..y to think of it n waste my time..i cant force anybody to think only good of me..every mind thinks n chooses in its own way..haan, if its some frnd then i do care wat shez thinking of me Perceptions... 69698

(p.s. as soon as i read the topic 'perceptions', i got reminded of the chocolates named temptations :Wink): they r really very yummy..how choco-striken i've become these days Embarassed )
Back to top Go down
-AreenA-
Thanedaar
-AreenA-

Perceptions... Vide
PostSubject: Re: Perceptions...   Perceptions... EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 3:26 am

lolzz
chocolate stricken!!
hehe
cute 1 amu!
Back to top Go down
nitya
Crazy Painter
nitya

Perceptions... Vide
PostSubject: Re: Perceptions...   Perceptions... EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 9:13 am

great topic henna

coming to topic.
perceives most of think i am angry nd shy as i am not opened to all i am very shy type of person i dont easly trust ple nd if i trust them them i believe more than myself.but nobedy nows ki i get angry very easly on small things which i show on most of the time on others.ple keep saying control u anger bt kambaqt it dosnt control.and also if somebody dosnt talk to me properly i end thinking ki what i have done wrong and spoil my whole mood.
coming to other part yes others words matter to mee i try to see there point of view too
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Perceptions... Vide
PostSubject: Re: Perceptions...   Perceptions... Empty

Back to top Go down

Perceptions...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

NOTE

All posts must be in accordance with the S-F CoC.

We strongly discourage spamming and one word posts.

Always make an effort to encourage discussion.

Please be mindful of the language and content you choose to post.

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Signature-Forums.com :: General Discussions ::   :: The Lounge -
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com